Friday, January 29, 2010

Missionary Monday









Summer 2009 I attended a reunion for the missionaries of the Italy, Milan Mission who served under President Clegg. What a wonderful man. Doesn't the love he has for mankind radiate in his eyes? The best part of being a missionary? The lifelong friends that I made. I met some amazing women that still bless my life.

Reminiscing has made me want to revisit my missionary journal since I wrote most every night. I'm dedicating Mondays to this, rewriting the journal entry for the Monday date that we're on now. I hope you laugh and smile and gain a bit of perspective on what life was like for me as a missionary for my church.

Some vocab explanations:
Anziani: Elders, or male missionaries
Sorella/e: Sister/s -- as a missionary I was Sorella Sommer and we'd call each other just Sorella often.
Presidente: President Clegg, the leader of all the missionaries in our mission
Mostra: kind of a sandwich board with information about the church that we'd present to people who were willing to talk to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment